New fiscal year setup is a very simple thing to do but when you only do it once a year it sometimes intimidates the faint of heart.
- Navigate to Dynamics GP>>Tools>>setup>>company>>Fiscal Periods
- Put your cursor in the year field and type in the new fiscal year (I.E. 2010)
- Press Tab
- Verify the dates are correct in the date fields
- Verify the number of periods you want in the year. Typically 12.
- Choose calculate
- You can then check off the periods you don’t want anyone to post to yet. You can open these whenever you desire.
- If you already have these periods setup you may just need to uncheck the modules to allow posting.
Couple of notes:
- Make sure the dates don’t overlap any other year
- Make sure you have all dates covered. GP doesn’t like any days missing from one year
My former colleague, Doug Pitcher created this original post.